Sunday, January 11, 2009

Get your motor running

After cleaning off all the mud and shame that was Snake Creek #1. It is now time to focus on getting the bike repaired and having the engine supped up. For numerous years the engine on my bike has suffered from oil leaks. I finally took the engine in to see the local mechanic and he diagnosed an air intake problem. It seems my engines carburetor was not taking in as much air as it could and this caused the air intake to dry out leading to oil leaks. The mechanic laid out my options, "repair it or live with it". I responded "will the repair increase my air intake thus increasing my horsepower?" His response, "maybe". I like those odds.
So we scheduled an appointment for this past Thursday and the repairs went off without any complications. I can already tell there is an increase in air uptake to the engine and the engine has an increased appetite for peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Will the repairs to the engine lead to continued pis poor results? Probably, but at least I will enjoy more air while in the process
Not me, but someone else with the same issue (if your interested)

1 comment:

Adam said...

I can't believe I just watched that. Makes me hurt just watching it. Hope you can breath a little easier now.

Adam