Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ride for Hodge

Saturday was the Scott Hodge benefit ride at Ft. Yargo. The ride was organized as to help raise some money to offset the cost of Scott's medical bills after his unfortunate bike wreck. Becky and I picked up my brother, Dave, on the way. There were alot of cars there when we arrived so we found a spot in the overflow area and got suited up. I am currently in between bikes since I broke the Niner and have yet to purchase the very affordable Vassago from Cody. I set my commuter up for the trails and with a little help from Ryan from Addictive, I got the brakes dialed in.
We checked in on Hodge, he was rockin a cane, but otherwise seemed good.He now has a more comfortable neck brace and has been of painkillers for 10 days now. After some conversation, Hodge gave us the "go ride" so off we went. Dave is still new to mountain biking, but he picked up the handling skills quickly, he just needs some fitness. We picked up a lone rider on the trail, who had not been there before and Becky and her took off. I rode with Dave. Before we split I tried the horshoe drop after an audience had gathered. My rear tire slipped on the way up and I fell backwards into the gulley. No real injuries, just some scrapes and a little embaressment. The weather was great and the trail was perfect after the previous nights rain. Dave and I enjoyed the ride. It was his longest ride, yet.
We then joined the festivities. Food was great and we met some new folks. It was great turnout, for a great guy. Had to leave early and I forgot my camera, but here's one from the Sorba board.

No comments: