Monday, November 17, 2008

riding like the devil

While bathing my trusty Niner following the 12 hours of Conyers race, I noticed a little something on the seat tube. Can't be, this is steel and we all know "steel is real". Sure enough, upon further review, I had a new frame coming my way. Hard to see in the pics, but the crack starts in the seat tube and extends through the weld and into the top tube.



I called Cody at Addictive and the bike swap was set in motion. I was without a mountain steed for a bit, so the shop lent me their Vassago Jabber demo. Xtank Lady and I visited our good friends in Nashvegas that weekend and Jabber seemed to ride nice. Upon our return to GA, I spoke with Cody again and he offered me his 3 month old Jabber at a price to good to pass up. It is time for me to go chromoly anyway. I was down a bike for the Hodge ride, but I made the unused commuter mountain ready and enjoyed it on the trail.



Yesterday, Becky and I needed a long ride. Too windy for the road, we decided to hit Chicopee for 3 hours of fun. I was trying to keep the HR in check, so I set my new Jabber up 32 x 21. It worked. Becky set the pace and we enjoyed a chilly day in the saddle.




The mutts got a long walk in on our local trail.

No comments: