Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 2

Last week was week 2 of a prebuilt training plan I am attempting to complete. I have never done any structured training, so with a gift (thanks Grant) I'm giving it a shot. The week went "ok". On Thursday I flatted in the middle of a tempo road ride, I then preceded to flat the spare. I road the rim 7 miles home. It was a PITA, but I got through it with no real damage. Saturday was supposed to be a fastish 2 hour ride on the mountain bike. With limited time, Becky and I hit Chicopee. Becky took off before I was ready to go and that gives me a bunny to chase. We eventually met up an hour and half later (she didn't go the agreed upon route). Good ride.

Evening was spent X-mas shopping for the nieces and nephews. Great dinner at Ted's. Hhmmm... buffalo meatloaf

Sunday came and a 3 hour base ride was on order. Becky was not up for 3 hours or the weather. I decided to try the Kelly Bridge loop, which starts in pature land of Forsyth and meanders into the foothills of Dawson county, then into Cherokee county, back into Forsyth. I wish I had taken the camera. List of interesting things that I would have taken a picture of:
-A pack of dogs sleeping in an open field
-A yard that had dogs in pens, but chickens roaming freely through the yard
-What I think was the bones of a cow carcass
-Heading down Yellow Creeks Rd. and theres a rooster hanging out on the side of the road, no house in sight. What's up cock?
- Nice views of Springer Mountain (I think) from Kelly Bridge Rd

Ended with 50 miles in 3:10

map and profile


No comments: