Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bellevegas Turkey Day

We made the trip to what is home for me, Belleville, Il. I spent a good portion of my childhood their and my Dad retired from the Air Force their, so home it is. We stayed the night in Nashville with our good friends, Mike and Jeanie (Thanks Jeanie). Thanksgiving is quite a gathering for my family with new additions almost every year. We ate too much and opened gifts (we do x-mas gifts at T-givings with my family).
One of the great things about my family is our love of good beer. We killed a 1/6 keg of Amber Boch and had to get another on Friday.
The store didn't have anymore AB, so we went with Breckenridge Avalanche Ale, Good choice.

Friday was spent with family. The adults enjoyed dinner at Favazza's on the Hill in St. Louis. This restaraunt is a must if you ever visit the STL.

On Saturday, we visited Schlafly's Bottleworks. I've been to the taproom on my previous visits and enjoyed it, immensely. So I was interested to see the creation of beer. The bottleworks has the brewery, a bar, a restaurant and a nice gift shop. We enjoyed a beer before the tour. I had the Coffee Stout, which is awesome. Mix two of my favorite things, coffee and beer and you have a winner. The tour was short, but informative. The best part is of course the tasting at the end of the tour. The Christmas Ale stood out to my palette, you could smell nutmeg or cinnamon while drinking the brew. It reminded me of wasel without the sweet taste. Bison nachos for lunch, another Christmas Ale and a visit to the gift shop and our trip was complete.

Left early Sunday to get back in time to pick up the da mutts. Always great to see the family and hang out with the nieces and nephews. No riding, but got in a couple long runs to somewhat negate the excessive intake of food and beer.

Pre carnage


Dead Soldier

Some pics of the tour
Coffee StoutHot Liquor?
Beer...
Bottlin
Cue theme song from Lavergne and Shirley
Incomplete bottles. We asked "what do you do with those?" response "drink 'em"
Taste test

No comments: